From a tweet by Daniel Pink, I found this amazing animated "clip" about "The Secrets from the Science of Persuasion", by Cialdini and Martin, taking this one step further...
6 universal shortcuts that guide our decision making;
- RECIPROCITY - be the First to give, Personalized and Unexpected
- SCARCITY - people want More of those things there are Less of
- AUTHORITY - people will follow Credible, Knowledgeable Experts
- CONSISTENCY - looking for, and asking for Commitments that can be made
- LIKING - we are often persuaded by people we like, i.e people who are Similar to us, people who pay us Compliments and people who Cooperate with us
- CONSENSUS - people will look to the Actions of Others to determine their Own